THIS IS THE FUNINEST THING IVE EVER SEEN
I gotta be honest hes saying every single thing I was thinking the entire time
Buffy Meme - (4/5) Characters → Anya Jenkins
”Bunnies frighten me.“
"boy i’m in a great mood!"
"oh, please. you can’t REALLY be in a great mood. there are people out there who just got raises. people just got married. people are being reunited with their families right now. how dare you say you’re happy."
Okay anon strap yourself in because I am about to wax poetic here. FMA is basically everything I could ever want in a series and here’s why:
- a super diverse cast with incredible lady characters (who are not all warriors - we have mothers, doctors, civilians, soldiers, teachers - REAL pEOPLE in other words). Different cultures are not only represented but treated with great respect.
- messages about the importance of family and friends - familial relationships in particular are given a weight most series don’t bother with. The romance never hijacks the plot and is developed in the most subtle, beautiful way
- discusses genocide and how hate breeds more hate, discusses the horrors of war and the sometimes dubious morality of science, discusses religion and different cultural beliefs, all without getting didactic or preachy
- arakawa has the best sense of humor that does not rely on shitting on characters, and she balances humor with drama and somber reality perfectly
- Plot. Twists.
- the ultimate message is about perseverance and hope despite the horrors of war? It’s about standing on your own two feet and fighting for what you care for, even in the face of enormous tragedy. This is what I like about brotherhood vs the 2003 anime - this message is entirely lost in the latter
- excellent worldbuilding and development of alchemy/alkehestry/the Gate and Truth. I love the idea of equivalent exchange and oneness of the universe and how the brothers redefine and topple that concept entirely
- arakawa is a master of not only setting up and delivering on plotlines (often setting up several at once without ever getting confusing) but she also has the best sense of narrative irony and use of symmetrical character arcs
- every single character is important to the plot. Every one. Yes, even Yoki. She really knows how to create AND develop her minor characters (and make them enormously sympathetic or hateful, depending on which she’s going for.)
I could really go on and on with this series but these are just a few of many reasons why FMA is The Best.
Songs from Once More With Feeling
Frolicking in the autumn leaves, this little lion cub is having the time of her life as she excitedly plays in her enclosure.
Tiny cub Karis proved she’s not too dissimilar to human children as she threw herself into the pile of golden leaves carefully collected by her keepers, even ending up with a pile on her head.
Staff at the Blair Drummond Safari Park, near Stirling, Scotland, had been raking up the leaves to keep the attraction tidy, when Karis’s keeper Brian Reid realised that his little charge might enjoy playing in them and moved the pile into her enclosure.
Via Daily Mail
xerneas is a pretty swordsdeer